Origin: Yuko (not sure if it's an original)
In her own words...
Ingredients (for 3 or 4)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 noisettes of lamb
- 1lb small potatoes (preferably new potatoes)
- 2 carrots
- 2 bulbs of garlic (if you think this is too much then reduce to 1. separated into cloves and peeled.)
- Fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1/4 pint red wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Basically, You fry the meat and the vegetables separately, then roast in the oven. The following is the detailed recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180 (Gas Mark 4).
- Heat the oil in the casserole dish. Gently saute the noisettes for 3 minutes on each side. Remove them and place on the plate.
- Saute the potatoes, garlic cloves, carrots, and herbs in the casserole dish for 4-5 minutes. Turn continually.
- Return the lamb to the casserole dish and pour over the wine. Season with salt and pepper and cover, place in the oven and cook for 1 hr -1hr1/4mins.
Tips: Use noisettes. (They are quicker to cook. The potatoes absorbs the juice and tastes will be scrumptious.)